She listened and participated and I could not have been more proud of her! I also found myself wanting to help her...give her tips and hints if she seemed confused or not totally with the group. But I knew I had to sit back and let her learn, find her way and figure this out...it almost physically hurt to have to do that. But you know what? She did great.
So last night was week 2 and the parents could not be in the room. This made Katey nervous but she seemed to understand that she would be fine and I would be right outside watching through the window. Joe was able to come along too and so we took turns watching Katey and also keeping Makenna entertained. Katey was doing wonderful, she was having fun, smiling and dancing along like a little pro. Every once in a while she would look at the window and smile and wave and then keep at it. The class is 45 minutes long and at about minute 40 things started to go downhill...fast. Joe whispered to me "I think she is crying". So we watch her and she is still in the circle, following the instructor, but sure enough, she was crying! She was silently crying as she danced...when she finally looked at the window and saw me she completely fell apart. I went into the room and she ran right into my arms and sobbed into my chest. I was frantically trying to figure out what happened..."did you get hurt? Do you have to potty?" and all she said was "It is too long mommy!"....."It is just too long!". So we hugged it out and watched the class together until the end, luckily Katey had enough of a rest that she was able to get her sucker at the end of class! It hurt my feelings that she was so sad and so tired...but yet continued to follow the instructions, tears and all. We talked on the way home and assured her that if she gets tired next week she can just take a break and sit down! The best part is that she is willing to go back next week...I was worried that she wouldn't want to go back...so she is getting older, growing up in small ways all the time. I can't help but wonder though, if a 45 minute dance class was too long...how in the world is she going to survive the first few days of 4k?? Hopefully I won't be there to see the tears because it almost does me in to see her like that!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment