Sunday, November 7, 2010

sigh

I think my four year old is regressing....two days in a row she has had complete and total meltdowns...and her two year old sister just stands there watching quietly, not saying anything, just watching. I am praying to God that she isn't taking mental notes. I really thought by now Katey would have better control of these breakdowns...apparently not. The worst part is that everyone is so sad and deflated afterwards...like worn out and tired. I thought it would be getting better by now. Clearly I thought wrong.

3 comments:

Nerissa said...

I fight the same battles with Kadin. It still seems like he's 2 years old emotionally.

Last night he had a meltdown over cutting his toenails. Some days you just can't win.

Larissa said...

You are not alone, sister. Last night and this morning, Zach was absolutely insane. And then I was insane. It's an effed up cycle. (((HUGS)))

Elizabeth said...

Callie used to do that too. She used to cry and cry and sit under the kitchen table. Lynn started to put her to bed at 7 and walaaaa she was a new girl. She simply wasn't getting enough sleep, exactly at that age too.
I remember her telling us when we were babysitting, "Don't let her stay up later than 7, you'll pay the price if you do!" Ha ha, well it's just a thought. Good luck, and I'm sure this will soon pass too!