I was thinking I needed to post something again since my last post implied that I was going to take a big jump off of the next bridge or stay in bed for three days straight. I am actually quite fine. No worries...and honestly coping with my life okay-for this week-I am doing okay! My exclamation point just doubly gets my point across right?
We have finally mastered a bribe chart...ahem...reward sytem for Katey's bedtime routine. I know, I know...I have to admit that part of the reason this wasn't successful in the past is because we were too lazy to keep it up. Or Katey simply didn't care after the first two days and her desire to obtain whatever bribe we put into place faded and she preferred to act like a lunatic. BUT maybe she is maturing a bit? She is going to bed. WITHOUT crying, screaming, or kicking (this is written directly on her chart) and she is get this....wait for it....STAYING in her bed! This has changed my life. I am not even kidding. It is such a relief to put the kids to bed without a major blow out fight and then get to actually sleep through the night without dealing with a fight about sleeping in our bed or on our floor. I hate to even speak of it for fear that it will stop working. So, I am going to change subjects.
A lot has happened in the last few weeks...one of the biggest changes is that my Grandma Hess passed away. I was fortunate to be able to go to Ohio for her funeral and say good bye. It sounds cliche but it was a blessing for my Grandma Ellie...we all know she is now enjoying her much deserved time in Heaven and has been reunited with the love of her life, my Grandpa Jerry and also many other loved ones...but it is still hard to say good bye. Losses like this always give reason to reflect and think about life, what is important and reasons to always hug the ones you love and appreciate each day. One thing that stood out for me is that fact that I have a great family. I spent time with aunts, uncles, cousins and little ones...my Grandma has 29 great grandchildren and one more on the way-the saying "all because two people fell in love" comes to my mind when you can look around and see a large group of loving people who all exist simply because of them. Life is amazing like that. So I am working hard on trying to appreciate my day in and day out grind.
No comments:
Post a Comment