"Happiness is not having what you want in life...it is wanting what you have"
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Beautiful Eyes
This is one of the only pictures I have of Makenna where you can see why she is having surgery on Thursday. Ironically this picture is also what prompted me to call the pediatrician. Of course I was not prepared for what we would find out and the journey we would ultimately be on. Currently her eyes are more weak than when this picture was taken-and her crossing is much more noticable. Here's one thing I want people to know-I love Makenna exactly the way she is-and this includes her eyes and the fact that her eyes cross. There is something so vulnerable about the way she looks without her glasses on that it hurts my heart and makes me fall in love with her even more. I have come to cherish this part of Makenna. I am no doubt excited to see what my baby girls eyes will look like again after surgery when they no longer cross....it has been almost two full years since her eyes did not venture inward. It is just weird to think that something I have come to love so dearly about her is going to be totally different-maybe I am thinking about it too much but I just really want her to always know how adorable I think she is now and how much I love who she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
She is a beautiful little girl...surgery or not!
Post a Comment