"Happiness is not having what you want in life...it is wanting what you have"
Sunday, August 1, 2010
My Makenna is Two
Hard to believe two years has gone by already....so fast, yet so much has happened since you blessed our family. At one year old you were starting to talk...I could never have imagined what a little jabber mouth you would be by the time you turned two! You are talking in sentences now and can repeat just about anything we say. Grandma Ginny (Jimmy) called you a little parrot today and I think that is probably the best description of you I have heard yet. You are silly and sweet and love to tease people-especially your Papa. You have started calling your Nana "Nanny" and this seems to be a little inside joke for you as well! Grandpa Bob tries to win your heart by giving you M&M's-it works, but it takes a LONG time for you to warm up! You are sensitive and get upset easily, the tears flow when you are told "no". On the flip side of that, "no" seems to be your very favorite word right now. If you ask any of my relatives they would tell you that you must get that from me...when I was two that was all I ever said and believe me, I am still known for that to this day! You are a mama's girl right now. I love it. You love to hug and give kisses so freely-every night before bed you have a routine to kiss Daddy and Katey and this routine cannot be changed, it is impossible to get you to bed without kissing everyone in the house. You seem to find happiness in the small things in life. You love to wear your pajamas and get upset if you have to take them off right away in the morning. You look up to Katey and want to do everything she does and everything she says. You adore Mulligan-and Mulligan loves you right back. That dog allows you to hug her and tug her, and she never gets impatient with you. One of the biggest changes in the last year was learning to wear your glasses. At 15 months we found out that you are extremely farsighted and would need glasses for the rest of your life. It was hard at the time to process this change for you, but you found out so quickly that wearing glasses was a huge blessing...you could see! You wear your glasses everyday and even ask for them when you wake up. Your beautiful blue eyes look even more brilliant behind those frames and I think that you look so sweet in your glasses. They are part of who you are now and I couldn't imagine you without them. I fall in love with you more and more everyday Makenna and I feel so lucky to be your Mama. Happy Birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I cried when I read this! What a great post Emily!
Post a Comment