No pictures today....I have been trying to get some taken of Makenna because she turned six months old on 2/1/09, but our entire house came down with a wicked cold last week and nothing was accomplished. Katey and Makenna are both finally feeling better. Poor Makenna was sick, and then on top of it had all of her shots last week...needless to say she was NOT happy and did not like to be put down for more than 30 seconds! She has quickly adapted to being held all the time and LOVES it...not sure how to correct that one! Especially because there is a part of me that LOVES holding her as much as she does! She is growing so fast that I feel like I want to stop time for a bit. She is already getting too big for her infant car seat, how can that be possible? Makenna is definately changing daily though, she is getting stronger every single day and is just about ready to sit up by herself...she can do it for short periods right now, but still topples over pretty easily. Before we know it she will be crawling all over the house.
Katey is officially completely potty trained and has even moved beyond wearing pull ups at night! We are still amazed at how easy the process was! Katey has been able to practice her singing skills...she sang Happy Birthday to Grandpa Bob, Aunt Stacy, and Grandma Ginny all within the last week! She is so cute, I think I might try to take a video of it! We have two more birthdays this month-Today is great grandma Delma's birthday (Grandma Grandma) and next week Nana will celebrate a birthday. So I suspect they have a preformance from Katey in their future as well! Katey also went ice skating for the first time on Sunday! I got a little on video, she really did a great job-considering her age! Joe skated with her and it was so adorable to watch them together on the ice...my heart melted a little bit to see them together out there, what a special moment.
Now the weather has warmed up a bit and our snow is melting, I know we will have more, but boy does it feel good to think spring is around the corner. I cannot wait to be able to take walks with the girls and go to the park. I have a feeling we are going to spend a lot of time at our local parks this year...Katey is already talking about the brown park and the blue park. By then Makenna might be able to enjoy the park a little too!
Overall we are all feeling better and looking forward to the end of winter. I will post some updated pictures soon!
1 comment:
Cute! They do change so quickly! How big is too big for the infant seat? I guess I better look at ours!
Post a Comment